Saturday, March 7, 2009

Crafting Must Have- Non Stick Craft Mat

Some of you have asked, "Camp Fire Lady? What is that funny colored mat that you use when you do your crafting?" "Well", I say, "It is a non stick craft mat that I saw this lady using at a cratfting expo in Puyallup, WA and I just had to have one."





The one that I use I found at JoAnn's Fabrics but I am sure you can find one at any craft supply store. This one is called a Non-Stick Craft Sheet and it is made by stampit Australia: http://www.stampit.com/. The are a bit pricey, I think mine cost about $18.00 but it is something that is very useful if you make a mess while crafting. You can always cut it in half and share it with a friend.



Let me demonstrate:




Good Heavens!

I dropped my ink pad and it landed upside down! That is gonna make a mess!

Not with my handy dandy non-stick craft mat. The ink wipes right off!



Are you kidding me?!

I spilt my reinker! That is gonna make a mess!

Not with my handy dandy non-stick craft mat! The ink wipes right off!







Oh my gosh!

I've spilt my alcohol ink! That is gonna make a mess!

Not on my handy dandy non-stick craft mat! The alcohol ink wipes right off!







Holy crap!

I spilt my super tacky glue! That is gonna make a mess!

Not on my handy dandy non-stick craft mat! The dried on glue peels right off!


I don't believe this!
I have cut my handy dandy non-stick craft mat with my exacto knife!
Okay, so this will not wipe off. That is about the only thing this really cool craft mat can't do is repair itself but it can be good for a lot of other things. This mat will also work great when you use your heat gun to emboss and your hot glue gun to glue. This is a heat resistant mat as well.
Hmmm...... maybe they should market this mat for........ nevermind.

3 comments:

  1. I like it 'cause I'm sloppy!!!!

    Be careful of the monkeys... they bite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sitting here just cracking up! What a hoot, CFL! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Stampit people should be giving you a commission for your sales pitch and a raise for your Marketing campaign. Your OMG pictures are a hoot!
    Marm

    ReplyDelete