Monday, March 16, 2009

Stamping on Vellum

I did a little experiment with stamping on vellum. I used a water-based dye ink pad in gray. Here you can see how wet the ink is. After 10 minutes the ink was still wet and the image smeared a bit when I touched it so I waited a bit longer. After 30 minutes the ink was dry. So if you are in a hurry for your ink to dry on your vellum, why not try this approach.....

Use your embossing heat gun or a blow dryer and dry the ink. It will dry instantly so there is no waiting. Ta Da!

A good tip is to turn your image over so the stamped side is against your background paper. That way there is no way the image can get smeared or distorted by touching the inked side.

1 comment:

  1. Another great tip. This one I actually figured out myself (after several messes). Thanks!

    ReplyDelete